This one-day conference will create a platform for construction clients and their professional advisers to network with industry experts and discuss the latest advances in volumetric modular technology. The event format provides a dynamic and interactive learning experience for all visitors through presentations and the wide array of exhibitors.
The need for faster, leaner and smarter construction is becoming more and more apparent in the UK. With only 63% of site-based developments completed on time and an even lower 49% delivered on budget, it is clear that traditional construction methods are failing to meet the major challenges facing the built environment today.
This presents the opportunity for offsite construction to play a major role in the coming years across a range of sectors. Offsite construction has not only advanced the housing industry but has also gained traction within mainstream sectors requiring rapid, reliable and high performing building solutions such as education, healthcare, student accommodation, hotels, as well as major retailers.
However, the offsite construction industry is still facing significant challenges in order to be considered conventional instead of a ‘novelty’. Modular Matters will demonstrate how to tackle industry challenges through a range of project case studies, innovative architecture and building design, IT and software development, as well as presenting what the future of manufacturing may look like with presentations from a collection of the UK’s leading offsite manufacturers.
- Rory Bergin - Partner, Sustainable Futures, HTA Design LLP
- Michael Hough - Director, MJH Structural Engineers
- Michael Swiszczowski - Associate Director, Chapman Taylor
- Ben Drake - Associate, Peter Dann Consulting Engineers
- James Walsh - Partner, Studio Anyo
- Patrick Hayes - Head of Structures & Offsite Construction, Meinhardt UK
- Stuart Marshall - Sales & Development, Elements Europe
- Nigel Banks - Product & Marketing Director, ilke Homes
- John Bedford - Senior Consultant, CHIC
- Ian Astley - Regional Director, Premier Modular
- Andy Smith - Head of Business Development, Caledonian Modular
- David Speight - Head of Construction, EDF Energy
- Mark Hargreaves - Associate Director, DLA Design
- Zoe Powell - Business Development Director, Elliott Group
- Emily King - Education Specialist, Portakabin
- David Clark - Head of Manufacture & Innovation, McAvoy Group
- Joanne Booth - Business Manager, Lucideon
- Darren Richards - Managing Director, Cogent Consulting
- Andy King - Chair, MPBA Technical Committee & Managing Director, Wernick Modular Buildings
- Derek Thomson - Programme Director: Commercial Management and Quantity Surveying, Loughborough University
COME AND MEET OUR SPEAKERS: